Mixed precision GMRES
August 2019 - Present
Exploring how the use of different precisions for different parts of the solver affects the performance and convergence of GMRES. The current goal is to be able to achieve the performance of a double precision GMRES implementation while selectively using lower precision in order to reduce data movement costs.
April 2019 - Present
An Atom package for interactive Common Lisp development, based on the Emacs plugin SLIME. This is a fork of Steve Levine’s Atom-Slime.
- Atom package page - The package page
- Swank-Client - The NPM package that handles the actual swank remote calls.
Reducing Memory Access Costs using Data Compression in Conjugate Gradient
May 2017 - April 2019
Determining whether the performance of sparse linear solvers (specifically Conjugate Gradient) can be improved by reducing data movement using compression.
July 2017 - May 2019
An implementation of Trilinos’s Petra Object Model in Julia. The project is trying to understand how well Julia works for distributed, high performance computing.
- JuliaPetra.jl - The implementation
- Obtaining Performance from a Julia-Implementation of Trilinos Data Librairies - presented at the 2019 SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering
- (In progress) JuliaPetra: An Implementation of the Petra Object Model in Julia
- TypeStability.jl - A Julia package to automate type stability checks